About Me

My Photo
Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday 13 August 2011

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside....

Hello again,
Just a quick reminder that the topic this month at St Lukes Charity Card Challenge
is a summer holiday / seaside theme. We also have a wonderful prize donated by Quixotic Paperie. I`m sure most of you are aware of this challenge by now but for those of who are new to my blog, click on the challenge link and check us out.
Before I show you my card, I want to share this with you.
Remember the card I made for Alans friend Maggie, with the rosette on? Well Alan gave her the card on the friday but like a good girl she refused to open it until her birthday the following tuesday. She was away on holiday that week and then Alan was off the following week so it was this past monday before Alan saw her again. Apparently she loved her card and brought us gifts back from her hols. Alan got a key ring and I got this lovely box of fudge.
The sad thing is that I didn`t immediately say `Oh yummy fudge`, oh no, thefirst thing I said was ` I can use the sea horse on a card and the raffia`, Lol.
And here it is ( the sea horse that is),
I found some 12 x 12 photo stack papers that I`ve had hidden away for an age and luckily they had water and sand papers among them.
The image is a precoloured one from Cute colors, I just adore the face on that bear, and the paper ribbon is from the same set.
The sentiment is computer generated, cutout with a nestie oval so as to leave room for the seahorse.

Please try to find the time to join us and if possible donate your card for this very worthy cause.

Thanks for popping in...Lynne xxx

7 comments:

  1. Lynne - this is such a cute card. And you've made me feel so much better - I tend to do much the same, and whenever I see ribbons on presents or packaging, I rescue it for my craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really cute card Lynne love that seahorse embellishment....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lynne and the seahorse looks perfectly at home! I bet the fudge was lovely too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! this is darling and I totally think repurpose all the time! I am glad I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO funny, but what we all do ay? gorgeous card is the end result LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Lynn, the teddy and sandcaastle are so cute and love how you recycled the seahorse embellie too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comments, they mean a lot.